ELY BAIL BONDS
Ely Bail Services
Our clients are our first priority!
The Ely Bail is proud to provide confidential bail bond services above and beyond industry standards. We will give you the personal attention you deserve, while at the same time, we’ll do our best to provide you with every available option for your bail needs. Most importantly, you are a valuable client and you will be treated with courtesy, honesty and respect!
Why choose Ely Bail?
Because we have the experience, integrity and know-how that you need. We are knowledgeable in current laws, arrest and court procedures, jail release requirements, State of Nevada’s requirements and all the elements necessary to serve you. We have built a reputation we are proud of our through years of experience, knowledge and ethics. And we offer it all to you through our services!
Pick up the phone and give us a call. We are here to help you! 775-289-BAIL (2245).
Ely Bail Bonds - serving Ely, Eureka, Pioche.
Ely Bail understands this is a tough situation. We treat all or clients with professional care.
“Thank you Ely Bail. Prompt. Professional. Confidential. I hope I never have to use your services again but if I do I’ll be calling you”.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Bail?
Bail is a constitutional right by which the United States criminal justice system permits the release of a defendant from custody while ensuring his appearance at all required court proceedings. Ely Bail is here to assist you through the process. Please call us at 775-289-BAIL (2245) with any questions.
The Basic Process
- Arrest is made
- Police Supervisor or Judge sets bail amount
- Ely Bail Bond is posted
- Defendant is released from custody
- Defendant appears in court
What is an Arraignment?
This is commonly known as the bond premium. In Nevada the Premium is 15%. The Premium is non-refundable. If the judge does not set a bond or sets the bond too high for the accused and their family and friends to afford, the accused will stay in jail until the case is over. You could qualify for a payment plan. Please contact Ely Bail to explore the payment plan options.
How Does The Judge Decide Bail?
Why Should I post a Bond?
How long is the bond good for?
What is a Surety Bond?
What is collateral?
Things to look out for?
- Surety bondsman that say they can do the bond for less. This is not legal. By state statute bondsmen all have to charge the same amount. If they do post the bond for less most will have you sign a payment plan, which they will collect on later. If they do not and the authorities find out that the bond was posted illegally it could have a negative effect on the outcome of the case.
- If a bondsman offers to perform the service illegally, you should ask yourself what he/she may do with your personal information. What other illegal activities do they partake in?
- When they say; “Pay me now, I’ll do it later.” Do not give a bondman money without a receipt and a copy of a contract.
- If it is a large bond, the bondsman may not even have the ability to do it. Make the bondsman prove that they have the ability to post the bond.
- Do they have a privacy disclosure?
Who is the Indemnitor (co-signer)?
The third party cosigner will often be a family member, which results in the active participation of the family in ensuring that the defendant shows up to court. Family involvement can induce strong incentives to appear in court.
What is collateral?
Easy Steps for Posting a Bond:
- Upon contact with Ely Bail payment of the premium is made. This payment may include additional expenses for example; court filing fees, travel etc.
- Bail Application and documents are explained by Ely Bail and signed by the indemnitor and defendant.
- .Collateral is provided by the Indemnitor and reviewed by the Ely Bail.
- Surety Bond is promptly posted by the Ely Bail.
- Defendant is released and explained his/her responsibilities to Ely Bail and the judicial system.